Monday, July 19, 2010

SHIRT #4

This shirt is made of a poly viscose basket weave of no particular fineness.

It has a closed front with a long placket opening. I used pop studs to fasten the placket but hid them inside the placket rather than pushing them through the placket from the outside...it's more or less a Chesterfield front...


I considered doing the same hidden fastenings for the cuffs - but the logistics of it didn't really work for me so I added external pop studs to the cuffs instead - everyone likes a shiny stud now and then, don't they?




There are two inverted chest pockets which are sewn into a flat felled seam that goes horizontally across the whole chest...the pocket linings were then top-stitched into place from the outside...


 

I did  double layered mandarin collar....ok, I MAY have gone a little 'Barbarella' on it, but I like it....to me it fits into the whole design of the shirt...I made the collar wide around the neck as I plan to wear this shirt in summer months and I do not want a shirt that sits close into my neck...




So there's SHIRT #4 :0)


 






No comments:

Post a Comment